Saturday, August 14, 2010

How to Spend a Stormy Night

A few nights a week we've been having spectacular thunderstorms. Fat raindrops slamming down on the roof, wind banging on the windows, angry thunder. Soul-cleansing thunderstorms for me, major trauma for Remi.

Last night we had another one and Remi couldn't find any corner dark enough to hide in. She sat at the door of the garage and shook. I opened the door and she hustled to the car and shook. I opened the car door and she jumped in the back seat and buried herself under a coat I keep in there.

I left the car door and garage house door open (just in case) and went back upstairs to putz around.

But then, I mean, what the hell.

Why not.

I fetched my macbook, some breadsticks, and a half-full bottle of wine and went back down to the garage. I put the macbook on the dash, tuned it to Hulu, and climbed in the back next to covered up Remi, who trembled herself to sleep while I helped myself to wine and old Mary Tyler Moore shows.

So, to confirm, yes. I did spend Saturday night in the back seat of a car.

1 comment:

Amy Green said...

Awww. This is precious.